The Jewish Federation of the Berkshires seeks a part-time Development Officer (20 hrs/wk). The Federation is where the Berkshire Jewish Community comes together to improve lives and strengthen Jewish community across the Berkshires and around the world, now and for future generations. Our work focuses upon
IMPROVING LIVES: From hot kosher meals to the homebound, care visits and social services in the Berkshires to food, clothing, medicine, and healthcare for the most vulnerable Jews in the former Soviet Union, we are here to help.
SUSTAINING JEWISH COMMUNITY: From educational programming to holiday celebrations to the Berkshire Jewish Voice and community relations, we’re connecting people and strengthening Jewish life across the Berkshires.
PROMOTING JEWISH CONTINUITY: From free Jewish books for kids to Jewish education grants for schools and camp and Israel travel scholarships, we’re nurturing and engaging the next generation.
The Development Officer will report to the Executive Director and in partnership with the board and the development committee. The Development Officer will plan and implement the annual campaign with emphasis on the major gifts fundraising effort. The key responsibilities include:
- participating in all aspects of the gift cycle for both general giving to the annual campaign ($1-$999) and major gifts ($1,000+);
- developing a strategy for implementing annual campaign and major donor solicitations in partnership with the Executive Director;
- building and maintaining trusted relationships with Board and Development Committee members. key stakeholders, and donors as well as implementing strategies to increase their level of financial commitment;
- identifying, training, and overseeing volunteer solicitors;
- identifying, cultivating, and establishing new donor relationships;
- planning and implementing key fundraising events throughout the year with support from the Executive Director and the Development Assistant.
The successful candidate will have
- passion for Federation’s mission;
- excellent fundraising and organizational abilities;
- good humor; and
- a goal-focused outlook.
He or she will demonstrate exceptional interpersonal communication and cultivate and nurture donor relationships successfully. Additionally, the development officer will possess knowledge and respect for Jewish culture and community as well as
- a strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
- an ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team;
- the highest degree of integrity, confidentiality, and dedication to the mission of the Federation;
- excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to communicate effectively and relate to donors, volunteers, staff, board members and community members;
- strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within an allocated budget;
- a bachelor’s degree;
- a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated fundraising success in nonprofit setting; and
- familiarity with development software and Microsoft Office suite.
This is a flexible, 20 hour a week position that offers that rare opportunity to use your talents to benefit a greater good and work with caring individuals who share a commitment to helping those in need and strengthening Jewish community.
Compensation range is $31,000 - $35,000 (for 20 hrs a week). The benefits package includes an attractive time off package, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account, and opportunities for professional development.
The Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.
APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com