(20 hours/week, flexible days)
The PJ Library and Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for administering the PJ Library program in the Berkshires, and connecting and engaging families through low barrier immersive Jewish experiences. In addition, this position oversees the recruitment and coordination of volunteer support for Federation programs, community outreach, and mitzvah drives.
PJ Library supports young families in their Jewish journey by sending free Jewish-content books/music on a monthly basis to children age 6 months to 8 years. In addition, PJ Library of the Berkshires offers opportunities for families to put their Jewish values into action through family-friendly programming to enhance their connections to one another and the broader community.
- Administration of PJ Library database, subscriptions, grants and quarterly reporting
- Create low barrier, inclusive Jewish experiences that respond to the needs and interests of families.
- Create opportunities and collaborations to engage new and existing families
- Connect families with Jewish organizations and opportunities for ongoing learning and community building.
- Utilize social media and e-communications for marketing and engagement
- Steward and strengthen relationship with the Harold Grinspoon Foundation and PJ Library supporters.
- Recruit, engage and oversee volunteers to support Federation programs, community outreach, and mitzvah drives
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Creative, detailed and organized team player
- Demonstrated experience in event planning, coordination and administration.
- Experience in education and/or working with children and families.
- Ability to work independently and manage their time effectively
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with families, volunteers, staff and community leaders.
- Command of social media (FB and Instagram), email software, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends for programs, meetings, and events.
Associates degree preferred. Pay range $20-22/hr. Generous paid holiday and sick time package.
APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Dara Kaufman at email@example.com